Kudos to the CILRE team, children and the parents for the wonderful show ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’. Lovely backdrops, energetic dances, long dialogues and enthusiastic children.
They went through different learning processes in theatre. They learnt how to be spontaneous, to be organised, to work in a group, be helpful to each other etc. We will be working at having more programs for children like this in the future.
The session at Classic Orchards was all about understanding how our thoughts determine our behaviour, how our feelings affect our behaviour leading to an understanding of the child’s behaviour. It was an opening to parents to see children as capable. They are just waiting for the opportunities to be given.
Thanks to Prabha, who organised the workshop and the parents who attended it 🙂
We want our children to be independent, decision makers, problem solvers, loving, compassionate people. We are doing our best to facilitate this process. So, what are we doing to reach this objective?
– We celebrate their mistakes
– We imbibe them with an attitude that every experience as an opportunity to learn something new
– We work as a team with them to problem solve
– Allow them to experience natural consequences of their actions
– Listen to them beyond the words they express
– Accept them for ‘who they are’ instead of for ‘ what they do’
– Make them aware of their strengths which the children can fall back on when they want.
– Give them relevant information in a factual way.
– Allow them to express their opinions and thoughts freely.
– Work with them with open-ended questions to understand them better.
– Work with them with respect and compassion
– Using language which enables them to grow with the attitude of ‘I can’
It is possible that we are already doing all or some of the above to reach our objective. If not, we can start today, as we believe we are constantly learning and we can start at any time in our life.
Go ahead ! Explore, Experiment and Experience the connection with self and child 🙂
The parenting workshop ‘Chetana’ started with a bang on 16th Jan @ Magichive. There was lots of laughter, serious discussions and lots of learnings.
We are excited to announce the launch of Parent Coach Academy which would focus on certification programs on parenting skills using the 6Cs framework. Parent Coach Academy offers “Certified 6Cs Practitioner” / “Certified 6Cs Master Practitioner” and “Parent Coach Certification” programs. PCA is a magichive initiative and the “6Cs Framework” was been evolved by Magichive based on research,working with parents, teachers and children since 2006. Hundreds of parents have benefited from our programs.
Parents, Teachers and Counsellors who wish to focus on the parent-child domain will benefit immensely by applying the skills in different environments – eg. at home, in the classroom and in therapy.
URL : www.parentcoach.in
EQ is one of the important aspects of our development. We want our children to develop skills in various areas and sometimes expressing emotions, managing them is missed out. Mathangi Rajasekaran took effort to work with children facilitating the process of understanding, expressing and managing emotions. Children went through the process and we expect them to use the tools provided to them.
Looking forward to more sessions on this topic during the summer holidays:-)