Chetana – Parenting Workshop
About the workshop
Mode: Online (Zoom)
Timings: 8 PM to 10:30 PM IST (2:30 hours)
Number of sessions: 12 (Total – 30 hours)
Days: Weekend workshops (Sat/Sun) starting from 3rd Dec and ending on 22nd Jan. The Christmas weekends will be OFF.
For whom: Parents, adults, and anyone curious about learning
Facilitator: Subha Parthasarathy
”Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom” – Aristotle
When we understand ourselves and the patterns we follow, we become aware of what works and does not work for us. With awareness comes acceptance followed by appropriate action. Our experiences and responses influence our parenting.
How would you like to have a deep and loving connection with your children and others? Are you living out those dreams of how you thought parenthood would be? You may be enjoying the journey of being a parent and are keen on reinforcing things that are working for you. Or you may be tired, stressed out, and doubting your ability to be the parent you once imagined. Most likely, the parenting journey is a combination of joy and frustration!
- Are you your own worst critic when it comes to judging how well you are doing as a parent, often feeling guilty about something you’ve said or done?
- Do you worry about your kids, often fearing the worst possible outcome?
- Do you think that by virtue of being a parent, you should just know the best way to support your kids (and yet you have a lot of self-doubts when it comes to your parenting)?
- Do you think you could learn new ways of working with your child?
If you’ve said “yes” to even one of the above, you’re not alone. These are some of the most common thoughts and feelings parents have, and yet when you allow fear, guilt, worry, self-criticism and doubt to take control, you lose your parenting power and set yourself and your kids up for living out negative self-fulfilling prophecies.
Join us in the parenting journey and reap the benefits of :
- Deepening the bond with one’s children through a better understanding of their thoughts, emotions, and behavior
- Improved communication skills that nurture compassion in children and in relationships
- Understand the views, needs, and desires of your children.
- Improve the way adults interact with other adults – in the family or in the work environment
- Facilitate the growth of an independent, empowered child.
When you discover the hidden powers within, you are likely to become the parent you want to be and the kind of parent your kids deserve.
Subha Parthasarathy, MA (Counseling Psychology), B.A.B.L
She has been working with children (4 to 16 years age group) since 2006 through her activity classes that are focused on building self-awareness among children. She has taken hundreds of sessions for different groups of parents that are focused on “Understanding Oneself to understand children” and “Non-violent communication”. She has taken numerous training workshops in schools/corporates and educational institutions. She has spent more than 20,000 hours (since 2009) on “one-on-one” counseling sessions with adults and children. She believes that an effective relationship can be built through compassionate communication. She is inspired by Non-Violent Communication advocated by Marshall Rosenberg.
She has done the following certifications. She also practices Vipassana meditation.
- Train the Trainer from GenieKids Learning Center
- International Graduate Diploma in Counselling from Banjara Academy, Bangalore
- NLP Basic & Advanced courses conducted by Dr Dick McHugh
- Certified NLP Practitioner
- Certified Basic Ericksonian Hypnotist
- Gestalt Therapy under Dr. Dick McHugh
- Habits of the Mind certification offered by the learning center run by Art Costa / Bena Kallick
- Transactional Analysis – TA101 certification
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy from NIMHANS
- Empowering Adolescents using Life Skills Education- NIMHANS
- Mindfulness-based Cognitive Behavioural Interventions – NIMHANS
- Art/Play therapy
- Movements Therapy
- Reiki Master & Teacher
- Deep Listening
She has taken numerous workshops in institutions such as Infosys, Infosys BPO, IIM Bangalore, Cap Gemini, Northern Trust, HSBC, St. Joseph College, Naval Public School, etc.
Registration and Payment
Chetana Registration Form: https://forms.gle/
You can GPay to 9342133490
For clarifications: 9342133490
E-Mail : email@example.com